Primary Summer Care
With summer arrival, we need to consider some extra cares for our dogs, especially when going for a walk. We have to prepare to enjoy the summer with precautions.
I will share are some recommendations I follow to protect them:
- Provide fresh water to keep them hydrated.
- Avoid giving them extra food.
- Check them every day when you get home to see that no tick has bitten their ears.
- Avoid taking them for a walk in the hottest hours of the day.
- Do not be alarmed if you see them panting excessively.
- Avoid exercising after eating.
This is a daily routine I follow in summer. I go with my dog for a walk early in the day around 9 or 10 AM, then we do another turn around 8 PM, just 15 minutes. From 11 AM to 4 PM, He rests in a cool place and takes a lot of water.
One of my dogs is 11 years now, so I try to give him extra care in summer. But Dogs are smart even if you don’t pay close attention. They know by nature how to protect themself, and you will see how they avoid the sun. The most important thing is to make sure they have cold and clean water all day.